Saturday, October 14, 2017

Adirondack living

Life is about simplicity. It's about rolling snowballs, conquering mountains, and smelling freshly picked walnuts. 

Once upon a time, a friend far away, published a comic strip. One page showed a man, sitting at a table on his patio with a multi-million dollar home behind him and a swimming pool large enough to shoot another Jaws movie at. The man was writing about how he felt that his whole life had been a failure.

I am sitting at my hand-me-down desk when I write this. The puddle in my driveway is the only swimming pool I'll ever own. Happy? You bet! I'm just minutes away from the most beautiful views in the world. The cat is purring in her sleep, the chickens produced 6 eggs today, and we ate our own, organic red beets for dinner. They were still growing in the garden two hours ago. It doesn't get any better than this.

This blog is about living in the Adirondacks region. It is about living where many people would not want to live. I've heard it all: It's too far out in the boonies, it's too cold in winter, there are too many wild animals lurking in the bushes, it's too far to get to the grocery store, etc... As far as I am concerned, t's close to the mountains, the deer are practically within petting distance, and who needs to go grocery shopping when the freezer is full with home grown organic vegetables?

Welcome to the Adirondack jouney. Glad you stopped in.

Picture taken from the summit of Ampersand Mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment